Your baby is now able to have more attention to detail and is developing concentration for longer periods of time. Reading them well-chosen books based in reality helps to expands their knowledge. Also at this time, Montessori teachings promote using breakable drinking glasses to allow the child to recognize and control natural error. This gender-neutral box provides developmentally-appropriate materials that meet this interest.
The 9-10 Month Nido Box includes:
- GLASS CUP AND PITCHER For baby’s first attempts at drinking from a cup, a hearty glass tumbler and drinking pitcher for refining baby’s careful motor skills and grasping. Montessori believes in offering something breakable in order for the child to understand fragility and caution when handling certain materials.
- POCKET DOLL The sweetest first doll—for girls and boys alike! As your baby learns how objects relate to each other, they will have the need to practice putting objects inside other objects. They may also be curious and interested in caring for dolls. This baby/mama set meets both needs; in her pocket a removable bunting baby. This handmade blue doll is made from soft cotton and stuffed with clean wool. Made in The United States.
- WOODEN BOOK A beautifully-illustrated book in color against natural wood pages that encourages baby’s exploration of their surroundings. Hand-painted and bound with leather ties. Made in Switzerland.
- WOODEN STACKING TOY The gentle introduction of color by way of stacking rings on a central pole. Handcrafted from sustainably-sourced wood, colored with eco-certified paint, and finished with beeswax and botanical oils —making it smell and feel wonderful. Made in the Beskidy Mountains of Poland.
- MARACA A simple first instrument for baby to begin to develop their sense of rhythm. The small wooden maraca fits into baby’s hands producing a soft sound with each shake.
- MUSLIN SWADDLE All objects come wrapped in a white cotton muslin swaddle. Can be used as a summer sunshield, privacy throw when breastfeeding, as a playmat for tummy time, or a swaddle blanket for your little one.