At this phase, your baby is becoming very interested in the people around them. This gender-neutral box is designed to further their independence, as baby will want to do more of what others are doing. You will begin to notice them engage with food and observe closely as others chew and swallow. Now is a wonderful time to introduce baby-led weaning and offer utensils for baby to experiment with during mealtime.
The 5-6 Month Nido Box includes:
- HAIRBRUSH Hair brushes made from soft natural boar bristles have been preferred for centuries in Europe. Small in size for little hands, this brush is designed to distribute natural hair oils from the scalp through the ends of hair. Made with a non-endangered wood and light-colored boar bristles sheared humanely from farm- raised animals. Made in Germany.
- BALL CYLINDER Babies love to study the movement of the balls with the this all-wood cylinder toy. When placed just out of reach, the infant will move toward the cylinder to try to grasp it. It may at first gently roll away, inviting the infant to scoot or creep toward it. Babies will also discover that picking up and shaking the cylinder produces a soft tumbling noise. They love to practice this while learning the effects of their own actions. Made in the United States from wood, eco-certified paints, and a natural beeswax finish.
- GRAB BALL A beautiful ball to stimulate baby’s developing senses and grasp reflex. The activity ball helps baby develop wrist strength and coordination. Handmade of 100% cotton, sustainably and responsibly-produced in France.
- BABY LOVE Adorable mini board books by London-based illustrator Helen Oxenbury, provides your child with recognizable images and actions that they can relate to at this time. The charming, reality-based storyline encourages baby’s exploration of their own surroundings. These four miniature books are the perfect size for your baby to hold.
- FLATWARE SET With a little animal etched into the end of each piece, these stainless steel utensils are just the right size for your little one. The best way to introduce utensils to your baby is through exposure from the very beginning of baby-led weaning. By giving the child opportunities to hold, play with, and use these utensils, baby’s fine motor skills are encouraged for self-feeding. It is essential to teach by example, allowing them to observe you, the parent, and other family and friends using utensils at social meals. 100% stainless steel made in The United States; dishwasher safe.
- TOOTHPASTE AND TOOTHBRUSH Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste in the morning and just before bedtime, brushing gently on the inside and outside of each of your baby’s teeth and gums, as well as their tongue. Organic toothpaste is fluoride-free and the toothbrush is made from 100% food-grade silicone.
- YUMI BABY FOOD Complimentary $35 gift card for Yumi organic baby food available to the contiguous United States. Working with doctors and chefs, Yumi makes organic, low- fructose, high-nutrient baby food in flavors that coordinate to baby's age and developmental needs.
- MUSLIN SWADDLE All objects come wrapped in a white cotton muslin swaddle. Can be used as a summer sunshield, privacy throw when breastfeeding, as a playmat for tummy time, or a swaddle blanket for your little one.